On Tuesday, May 7th 2019, a panel luncheon will be hosted to discuss planning by those who care for or support an individual with a disability. Hear from professionals and get your questions answered. Be sure to REGISTER (below) to attend this free special event.
Having a person diagnosed with a disability in your family opens many new worlds of learning. These growth opportunities can be immensely rewarding but also challenging. Whether you are a parent, grandparent, extended family member or loving friend who want to include this loved one in your financial plans, it is important to do so with guidance and care. There are government regulations, benefits, and specific programs the individual may be eligible for now or in the future you will want to keep in mind as you plan.
Bernstein, in partnership with AtWork!, Clark Nuber, Jones & Ibrahim, LifeSPAN and LEO will be hosting a panel luncheon to discuss the following issues:
- How can a family with a member diagnosed with a disability get past feeling overwhelmed, find the resources they need to accomplish their goals, and create the best opportunity to realize the dreams they have for their loved ones?
- How to help your loved one achieve their full potential and live a safe and fulfilling life?
- Understand government benefits and how to access the right services at the appropriate time.
- What are the differences between a private special needs trust, a first and third-party trust, a Washington State Developmental Disabilities Life Opportunity Trust, and an ABLE Account – Is one better than another? Can they be used in conjunction?
- How do I know if I have set aside enough assets for my child and how should these assets be managed and invested?
- How do I talk to my family about ALL of this? Issues around federal and Washington State estate taxes and coordination with estate planning including retirement plans and life insurance.
The conversation promises to be timely and relevant, with ample time for Q&A.
We hope you can join us and I encourage you to bring a guest! Please REGISTER (below) to attend.
Michele Aoki – Board President, LifeSPAN
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Panel Discussion and Lunch
1935 152nd Place NE
Bellevue, WA 98007
REGISTER to attend Panel Discussion and Lunch