LEO’s 2016 committees consist of Housing, Finance, Fund Raising and Outreach. Talents in any of those areas are always welcome even if only in an advisory capacity. Time commitment will vary with ongoing projects.
Laura Maloney – Chair
- Property management – keep in contact with the care providers to guarantee the physical stability of the homes.
- Selection of care providers
- Development of housing philosophy
- The provision of a safe, caring environment where young adults are encouraged to reach their full potential towards independent living.
- Residents are encouraged to engage in social and recreational activities in the community, as they desire.
- Individuality and uniqueness of each resident is honored.
- A Circle of Support is essential for each resident to assure his or her continuum of care.
- Provide lease for care providers, which is renewed/reviewed annually.
- Maintain the list of applicants for homes.
- Provide support for care providers, as they deem necessary.
Sam Levenson – Chair
It is the responsibility of the Finance Committee to monitor the organization’s budget and monetary assets. Responsibilities include:
- Report the monthly financial statements to the Board of Directors
- Develop an annual budget for Board approval
- Develop the year-end fiscal report
- Manage the organization’s investments
- Present investment options to the Board of Directors
Fund Development Committee
Jiff Searing – Chair
Explore and develop strategies to raise money for LEO.
- Antique/classic car shows
- Salmon Days
- Partner with Rotary for the Challenge Soap Box derby type races for kids with special needs
- Publicize donations can be made through United Way, and the State Combined Fund drives.